- For the cheapest rates, purchase your plane tickets early.
- We recommend you arrive at least two days prior to the start of the race to allow for any unexpected problems or delays.
- The baggage weight limit and fees for oversize and overweight baggage vary by airline. Bring only the essentials.
- You will need to fly into the Temuco airport in Chile (ZCO). All international flights touch down in Santiago, where you are required to clear customs. From there, take one of the many daily LAN or Sky Airline flights to Temuco.l.
- You must hold a valid passport to enter Chile. You will also need to complete a Tourist Card form, which is valid for 90 days. Be careful not to lose the form, because you will need it when you leave the country.
- To avoid fines, you must declare all plant or animal products you bring into Chile.
- Medical examinations and vaccinations are not currently required for entry.
- Declare your bicycle upon arrival to avoid any problems when returning home.
Although Chile is a safe country, we recommend you don’t leave your personal items unattended. It’s always best to take precautions against theft.
Although January is midsummer and temperatures are usually pleasant, we may experience the occasional cold day. Our climate is unpredictable, and sunny and warm days can quickly be followed by rain and cold temperatures. Nights can also get cold, so come prepared for all conditions.